Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Adventures in Idaho

We took a trip this last weekend to Idaho, we are coming up on the 1 year anniversary of John's grandfather's passing. Both of his grandparents are buried in Nampa, Idaho. I was skeptical about devoting an entire weekend to Boise, but it turned out to be a lot of fun.

We made a stop at the Old Idaho Penitentiary, it may not sound exciting, but as a history buff, I thought it was very interesting. We could have spent hours there, but with a 3 year old in tow we went through relatively quickly. AND, I was inspired for future GarlickDance projects.

We ate good Mexican food at On the Border, drank way too much coffee at Dutch Bros and Tully's only because we never can. We swam at the pool, Addison had tons of fun, even though the poor thing was freezing. But she refused to get out of the pool. We went to the graveside Sunday morning, then ate at Westside Drive-in, which had awesome burgers, I would say they make the top 5 hamburgers I've ever eaten! All in all it was a great trip, I only wish that Devion had been able to go with us, he would have had a super great time!

No comments: